Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crazy Us


I love pictures, and often times to the dismay of my friends, show up with my camera. Why not? How else am I going to take hold of the moment and keep it forever.

I can't tell you the number of times I've pulled out my camera only to hear "Oh no! Not again!  Should've known Judy would have her camera!" 

That puzzles me.  I'm always thrilled when someone pulls out their camera.  Being the one with the camera most of the time means I'm often not in the picture - and I love having my picture taken. Not that I'm especially photogenic, but I'm often surprised how good I looked five years ago as compared to today - no matter how bad I thought the picture was at the time.  Ha!  So it's all relative, and we're all friends, and we all love each other.

I do try to be respectful of my friends and discard pictures I don't think they would find particularly flattering. I can't decide though, if it's the posed shots they dislike the most, or the impromptu shots.

One thing I have learned though, that after several "serious" shots, it's always fun to end the session with a relaxed, "crazy" pose. Everyone seems to enjoy it and then can't wait to see the pictures.

Here are a couple of my favorites:

Bob's birthday 2011

Bob's birthday 2010

My "Friday Night" group at the Pannabecker's 2010

Crazy runs in the family - My nephew's family at Christmas 2010 


They say a picture's worth a thousand words.  I love what these pictures say!



1 comment:

  1. Now that I keep a blog I'm more likely to be carrying a camera too. I'm glad you've been taking all these pictures all these years.

    ReplyDelete