Thursday, September 4, 2014

Heart Things - Treasures


Well, you would be surprised the number of times I log on here, feeling like I have something to say, then maybe writing a paragraph or two before giving up and closing out.

I'm a terrible blogger...

I want to blog.  In fact, I can't tell you the joy I find in reading some of my past posts - not because it's great writing, but because the posts are all about the people and things I love, or fun experiences, or just things that made me laugh or cry.

Heart things - that's how I'd describe them...treasures, and they're all written down in one place allowing me to revisit them as often as I desire. To me, this is the benefit of blogging.

So why can't I blog?  My life continues to be filled with treasures...

Gracie, my cat of five months is laying across my feet as I write this - a long-awaited act of trust on her part...

My family increased in size over the past 15 months - two new daughters-in-law and six new grandchildren, one of which is a brand new little girl, currently just over 3 months old...

I retired in March, something I consider quite a feat for me, as I feared it for a long time, wondering what in the world I would do with all the extra time and reduced income...

I started taking guitar lessons when I retired and have loved every minute although I still struggle playing clear chords.  I'm considering giving piano lessons another shot...

I joined a fly fishing group of ladies back in July and will start fly fishing classes next week - watching someone fly fish in a mountain stream always made me think of God...

I've reconnected with several old friends since retirement - a retirement resolution. We laugh together over how much we've changed and yet stayed the same...

My Friday Night Group and the Dinner Divas remain as vital to my life as family...

My husband...well, life with him grows sweeter every day...

And my walk with God is finally finding it's rightful place in my life...

...plenty of treasures...plenty of memories-in-the-making...plenty of reasons to blog.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you're blogging again, Judy. I've been wondering if you're still taking guitar lessons and enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete